HessLawns 2012 Pictures

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ed2hess, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

I like how he "removed" the guard on the top trimmer LOL.

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Guess that makes him osha legal right. Good to hear from you

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The turf tiger died just as I unloaded it from trailer. Wouldn't turn over at all. Hooked battery backup nothing. Then checked fuses and one was blown. Put new one in and nothing. So I started down the interlocks. Turned out to be interlock on the left control handle. I always keep the little piece of irrigation wire in tool box. Put that in and rolled on.

007.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Well our Ultra is having a rocky road this is the second time it has been in the shop in the first 300 hours. First it was leaking fluid from both hydro connections. This time both wheel motor went out. They felt like you was driving over bumps as you drove along. Decided to have the turf tiger hydro oil changed out. This is the second scag we have had hydro problems. The tiger cub had two pumps go out and then both wheel motors.

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

5. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Hydro oil on most Zs is cheap and easy to change out. I am using castor 20w50 in all of mine. I'm tempted to start running 10w30 in my hydro system cause I'm hearing of others doing it with good results.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I think you might look at a sythenic like Schaeffer 15W40.....I believe the oil is defintitely not holding up. I usually don't pay much attention to the hydro except during the winter and then I change all of them.
    Well I was told this Ultra needed to be changed at 250 hrs.

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

These people who ride along on major streets where traffic is moving at 50 is just looking for problems. This guy got hit at the entrance to our subdivision. This road is three lanes and heavy traffic all the time.

027.jpg

8. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been riding for years and I refuse to go onto any non-country or bike friendly road. At first I was cocky and would ride where ever I wanted, but a after few very close calls and some garbage being tossed at me I learned my lesson. It's always funny to see people's reaction when I yell at them to get off the road and as I drive away they see a "share the road" bumper sticker and my century ride badge.

The bike might have the right of way but the car wins 100% of the time

9. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I use Jim's Schaeffer oil in my Diesel trucks but you really need to Mobil 1 for the hydro's. I use the Mobile on in the engines as well. It easier to just use the same quality oil in everything.

You said Ultra but I think you meant V-Ride. They had an issue with original hydro fittings leaking after 200+/- hours. The replacement fittings are better. I have almost 800 hours on my V-Ride 36 with no other problems. If you take that big pad off the V-ride it will allow you to hang the debris bag better.

You can ditch the pad, the small fold down operator platform, and the weights under the front deck and reduce your weight by about 80+ pounds. Once you remove the giant pad it allows your operator to stand further forward over the tires and makes the mower more stable. Mowing hillsides is much easier with all the stuff removed.

Scag may have made the V-Ride but I made it even better. I also did some minor grinding and put 32% wider tires on my V-Ride 36. The factory tires were too skinny and Scag really deserves some grief for ever selling such a heavy mower with skinny tires on it.

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Might just have to make those changes we are considering putting propane on ours. It is a 48" unit. If we get our use up we can get delivery and lower prices beyond the $1.80