HessLawns 2012 Pictures

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ed2hess, Feb 19, 2012.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Not going to show this year but if I was I would have brought a set of blades
    for you to sharpen. I would like to see how much better the cut would be. But boy $600 + to get started that is steep. Didn't know you could handle wavy blades....scag type?

2. Magna-Matic

Magna-Matic Sponsor

Hello All,

Do try and get to the GIE+EXPO at least once - it's a great show because the manufacturers exhibit. Not like regional shows where they just send a dealer to man the booth. At GIE+EXPO you can visit with SCAG employees, sales execs, etc , or the mower brand of your choice.

And the show is huge.

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We went last year but 1000 miles is a little out of our range for yearly trip. The weather hurt things last year wet and cold. I think they ought to move a little further south where most of that equipment is used.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The BMW dealer near us has now bought the two lots immediately across from our lot. They are in the process of tearing down the two homes so they can expand their mini-cooper inventory. There is another lawn businees that is on thier side of road that operates 5 closed vans. He is next to the parking for the employees and that is overflow all the time and they line
    the streets. In the last picture you can see my trailer ...And we thought we got the perfect place now...taxes will go up big time.

028.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

For those of you that work on big lawns here is the sitluaton in our area. In some cases you can get a 36" unit in but in some you got to have a 21".

014.jpg

6. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

chose to not bid this one due to the need to walk on the patio gazebo

2012 November 049.jpg

7. TX Easymoney

more of the same....looks really nice

2012 November 051.jpg

8. TX Easymoney

Huh? i'll bet that gets good gas mileage

HPIM0683a.jpg

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

From time to time I hear people talking about how flat Texas is so here are a couple pictures of the hilly part of Austin.

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

10. Green-Man

Green-Man LawnSite Bronze Member

is it really worth running propane? How much do you save? Do you still get the same power?