HessLawns 2012 Pictures

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ed2hess, Feb 19, 2012.

1. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Nothing like a ton of new Echo's for spring.

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The 35hp vanguard get 5.8 hrs on a 10 gal tank. The conversion cost is around $1500. But go over to the propane section. I bought two that had been converted. I did the third myself. It was a 19hp Kohler. I got a protype mount for the tank free. I bought a carb for $100, a regulator for $85. Then I begged for the hoses...and paid a little to have it adjusted. It is fancy but it works. I think hp went up but that is subjective. I like the $2.25 a gal. We put them on becase it is getting to be necessary in our area.

3. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

And you don't have to deal with the Ethanol BS screwing up everything.

4. Dang sfl, where ya been?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We got this south by southwest music thing going on where 200,000 dope heads are coming to town. These guys pulled up next to my trailer and sit in the car playing music. I was mowing just a little out of sight of the trailer and didn't know if I could trust them. There was bunches of other places to park.

The third picture is sod cutter and drip installer that we are going to demo and probably buy if it does what we want. I didn't notice that old car in the picture. By the way which engine Honda or Briggs? i think the honda is several hundred more.

005.jpg

006.jpg

001.jpg

6. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Go honda.
    I hear ya on that car pulling up...never know who you can trust. Those handhelds sell good at pawn shops :O

7. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Honda for sure on the motor situation, I blew up a Briggs this last season and haven't really had the best of luck with them prior to that. So I wouldn't own a Briggs unless I got it for free. But now I am biased, so maybe you shouldn't listen to me haha.

8. Z's Lawncare

Z's Lawncare LawnSite Member
    from 20683

how do you buy enough propane to cutt all day

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I got 6 tanks so that last me one week. We kinda bought some of the tanks and the dealer is providing some. Someone said they are $400.

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I am not used to all this green stuff that we have been mowing. And the water that is in the bottom of the run-off ponds is killing me.

009.jpg

014.jpg

013.jpg

012.jpg