HessLawns 2012 Pictures

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ed2hess, Feb 19, 2012.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Better kinda watch out .....I don't quite understand about your visa guy but if he still coming across on a yearly basis you will need to pay the new amount which is $11.75 The cost is a lot more than $4K now and the risk are high of not getting approved. The good part for us is we got a set of guys that want to come back real bad. And they are in a small town that could provide us more workers. We got two guys last year that never seen a trimmer work and I can tell you that in less than 30 days these guys could edge just fine. And our guys jump out of the truck and away they go and one guy is 40 years old. Before we got him 3 years ago he was digging irrigation trenches by hand.....he is really really happy with us. Before the drug problem in Mexico my son traveled to this town and talked to the potential people before submitting their names. One week ago we thought we was screwed for the year with shortage of workers now they should be on their was but not counting chickens before they hatch.

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

What do you mean those are the good lawns:laugh: Yes I go home and wash my mower and put that snake oil on it....NOT. We don't mow any private homes with that mower and TRUGreen is my weed guy on the HOA properties.

3. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I recently got a letter in the mail from TruGreen letting me know I could use them as a sub for application work. I've been using Gye with Excell Pest & Lawn to do a bunch of sprays this spring.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Some of the stuff we got for this year. My boss took the purchasing away from me a couple years ago after I bought a snapper Pro. So I don't know what we are getting until we pick it up. Found two things about that vrider one is it don't go up curbs, and no don't tell me to go up backwards. Nearly rolled the front wheel off trying that. And good thing most operators are not 6' tall. And I thought I would never see the day that we would buy an edger:dizzy: One last time we are gong to try edging. And decided to get the big bad boy Honda not the cheaper one I recommended.

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

031.jpg

5. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Ahh yeah, I love new equipment.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

During a rainy day a couple weeks ago I go to Walmart and the birds were just thick everywhere. And the rain is causing these rough cut areas to almost grow out of control. The big Briggs met its match. Guess I need to level the deck to get a cut cut eh:hammerhead: Or maybe put some grease on the udnerside of my deck:laugh:

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

7. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

Nice honda 21inch.

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We said we was never going to buy another 21" that is over $1K but here we are again. We had a 10 year old one that we put back into one of the trailers because of problems with a 21" snapper. It was always something with those units. I didn't get one call for repair on the old Honda for almost 6 months. Those Honda units just start so easy compared to Kaw on snapper.

9. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

That sure is.:D

10. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Ed if you want some edger blades I have about $100 worth of them lying around some where. Take that big cushy pad off your V-ride, the small fold down rider platform, and the extra weight plates under the front deck. This will allow the rider to stand over the center of gravity better. My V-ride 36 is about 80 lbs lighter and handles the hills better on cross cuts.