Hey all you software peddlers, can your program do this...

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MrBarefoot, Sep 5, 2003.

1. I am looking for a software package that will allow me to print invoices in a "landscape" view instead of the typical "portrait" view.

Does anyone have, or does anyone know of any pre-packaged program that can do that for me?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. A1 Grass

A1 Grass LawnSite Senior Member

Excel can do almost anything you want, if you know how to set it up. (I'm just learning it, but it's incredible and you set it up exactly how you want)

3. Thanks for your input. I am looking for a program package that also does things like Accounts receivable/payable. Work tracking, lead generation and other service things that programs like q-xpress or Gopher will do.

I can see that my original post was not clear enough, but I still value your input.

4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi MrBarefoot,

That's a great question and we are working on an invoice designer as we speak. You will be able to do anything you want with your invoices :)

5. I operate in Michigan, and I will want to buy and install over the winter. Once spring starts, I will be too busy to spend the time necessary making a new program work.

I have about 100 customers right now, and I expect to have more in the coming season, the system I have now is already over loaded. What I am saying is that I need to move soon, and the sooner the better.

I want to maintain "continuity of presentation" with my existing customers and keep using the same or only slightly different paper work. This is important to me.

Please keep "working on an invoice designer", and if possible get it available before next spring.

6. Green in Idaho

Green in Idaho LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

Mr. No shoes,

Why do you want it in landscape view. I understand you want the continuity. So are you currently sending invoices in landscape view? With what?

7. "Mr. No shoes" thatÂ’s funny, you made my day already :D

I used a landscape view for my original invoice/work order/remittance paperwork for 2 reasons. First I was able to fit all three onto an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper, and they all fit fine and I was able to make everything look good, by using perforated paper. Perhaps I can email you my present invoice so you can understand better.

Also, it is easier to write on a clipboard in my work van, holding the clipboard sideways, then lengthwise.

Your second question, yes, I my present invoice is in landscape view, and I use a hodgepodge of several applications in the Microsoft office suite to make them. It is a lot of work and after we make the invoices, we need to redo some of the work in QuickBooks in order to track the work, and handle the money.

I want to streamline my invoice generation, work tracking, and payment receiving efforts into one program that will print invoices in my landscape view.

I hope I have answered your questions.

8. Green in Idaho

Green in Idaho LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

So I'm envisioning invoice/work order/remittance on ONE paper. That is interesting. And i'm guess may some of it was created in Excel and some in Word to come together on one sheet.....

Yea, I would enjoy seeing it. I' pm to you for email. If you would like I can try to drop it into a pdf for others to see on here.

9. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

great idea in that view i am working in excel with some ideas but i am challenged with a lack of computer knowhow and time
    i like quick books but mine has a glitch i have not been able to find and i a afraid to mess with it too much till after the season

10. pokemon

pokemon LawnSite Member