Hey are you leaving, what about those green tracks!?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DieselDeere, Oct 22, 2003.

1. DieselDeere

DieselDeere LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Does anyone clean off the grass that's left when you turn your ZTR on the cement?

2. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes. If it is a mess I made I clean it up.

Jimbo

3. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I see this happening ALL the time and I am STILL a firm believer in cutting in twice regardless of the unit in use -- and then there arent the problems of green or dirty pavements to deal with.

Clients need to understand that once we have left a curb and blown off the debris from the treads in the streets best we can, we really arent responsible for much more "clean-up" than that.

Common sense dictates we try to leave a property and the frontage roads as clean as we possibly can. If they are going to be that much of a finatic about the road then they should hire a street sweeping service like R&G here at this site. :D

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

One of the basic guidelines. Stay off of the cement as much as possible. If you are going on and off the cement to turn around, some techniques should be re-worked. Besides making black marks all over, wearing out your tires, and putting grass all over (which then gets run over and stains the concrete), it is an unsafe practice because it leaves more margin to cach debris like small stones and suck. As far as the stains? I would never THINK of leaving and leaving the the mess behind.

5. DieselDeere

DieselDeere LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

That is the grass that I'm talking about, the scrub with a broom to remove kind. For me at least, it only happens when the grass is wet. Who takes the time to get that off?

6. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

when grass does get stuck, I kick it with my feet while blowing since there usually isnt much

7. Willis

Willis LawnSite Member

I had a costumer threaten to cancel if I left any more stains.
    It was'nt that there were any clumps, we always make sure of that. But I don't think that they are anything to worry or threaten to cancel service over.
    And it's just from one side of the walk to the other or just over the driveway to the lawn.
    I find that as they dry they fade away. :confused:
    It's only when they are wet are they noticeable.
    In my opinion, it's nit picky.

8. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

If you go 2 streakes beside the driveway with the mower then there is no need to get on the pavement at all. Usually i always do 2 streaks around the entire property and shrub beds so i can have room to turn around and hopefully not blow clippings in or on anything.

9. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I do the two passes around perimeter AFTER the cut. Hides the turn marks in the grass.

10. A1 Grass

A1 Grass LawnSite Senior Member

Jimbo and Runner said it all. If you make the mess, you clean it up.