Hey Boots>>>>

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CAPT Stream Rotar, Aug 3, 2008.

1. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

Will owning my own amp meter really help me trouble shoot Joe Homeowner.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Not as much as it used to, with smarter controllers telling you about shorts. Just for general usage, a cheap clamparound meter is good to have. But on irrigation, it's been a few years since I needed to measure current draws of solenoids (thank goodness I didn't install W*M)

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

::::Install W*M, buy a Fluke meter:::::cry::hammerhead::dizzy:

4. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

The boss wont get you one?

5. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

"(thank goodness I didn't install W*M)"

I noticed Weathermatic takes a lot of flack from the pros here. Do the majority of you think their products are junk and/or cheaply made? Just curious cause my neighbor just had 8 zones put in,a mix of rotors and spray heads.....all weathermatic.

6. Wet_Boots

Bad valve solenoids are enough to make me glad I wasn't installing W*M - they actually had to come up with a new solenoid shape and part number, because they had so thoroughly messed up the existing one.

7. ZX12R

Ok,interesting....you know their stuff even looks cheap.I will never buy Weathermatic thanks to you guys. *trucewhiteflag*

8. Wet_Boots

Count back over a decade, and W*M was brass valves and brass heads and solid all the way. Plastic valves were okay, too. Plastic heads were all me-too items.

9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

After Imperial,W*M made the coolest valves on the planet until the solenoid problem.Smartline controller is as sophisticated as medium end clocks can be.

10. ZX12R

So,their smartline controller is a good,solid product that your would use at your own home?