Hey Brickman

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by HarryD, Mar 10, 2003.

1. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Brickman,
    Since you are the resident Ford "expert":D , I have a Powerstroke question for you. In your opinion, what is the life, in miles, of a powerstroke diesel engine that has been well maintained? I have a chance to buy a 1995 Ford crewcab Powerstroke diesel pickup for $5000.00. It has 249,000 miles on it. It is a fleet truck, ALL maint done by a Ford dealer, and the miles are all highway. It has an automatic trans. What do you think? Is there some life left in that engine. I would use it to haul my crew and pull a 18' trailer loaded with ZTR's and other mowing equip. Thanks for your thoughts.

3. HarryD

let me be the first to say I would not have a problem buying a ford diesel with that many miles on it if it was well maintained. 11 years ago I worked for a company that had 2 1985 ford f250 diesels they both had more then 250k on them and they were used weekly for a mowing crew and in the winter for plowing snow and in the 10 years I worked there one had front ball joints fixed and glow plugs. the other had the injection pump fixed. I'm sure those trucks are dead now but they worked a hard life pulling 16 foot trailers all summer with 4 guys in them

4. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Can you say NEW TIRES!!!! Pretty collthough!!

5. HarryD

^Bump^

6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

http://www.davidvt.com/

im not a dodge fan by any means, but these are some sick burnout videos. not to wise doing it next to a gas pump though. go to multimedia and scroll down to the two piers videos.