hey "CHrisCraft" had some questions..(bulk mail)

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by RLSLandscaping, Apr 7, 2006.

1. RLSLandscaping

RLSLandscaping LawnSite Member

hey bud sounds like you found a great way to reach all those people with a nice professional letter. glad to hear yer busy as heck..can we chat on e-mail? or something...I'd like to find out all the details...cost$ of permit (obviously).. mostly how did u select that 25,000 and the 2,500? obviously the nice areas...but do you actually select #'s of houses(individually) by site, looking for people with lawns/landscape that look like they need help? do you just select neighborhoods and hit every house...and I'd love to see what yer Flyer/letter looks like for some ideas...been in business for 4 years but just went full time I have 2 towns where I work and I'd love to saturate them with ME :) thanks for any help

2. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

I sent you priv meg with some details and contact # feel free to call after 7 pm or i wont be in . let me know if my priv msg went thru

3. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

Could you share with all?

4. RLSLandscaping

RLSLandscaping LawnSite Member

I tried to send u a private msg and it wouldn't let me..so I went public..and I can't seem to find yer private msg...not sure why..anyways my mail is rlslandscaping @ yahoo thanks for the response...

5. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, do share. with us all.

6. chriscraft

its not that involved, real quick yo uneed to purchase a bulk mail permit and indetia the lil mark on junk mail in the right where the stamp goes. they we had envelopes printed with our indetia, return address, and bulleted with all our services. we had 1 page flyer printed both sides on flourescent paper (eye catching) and a buisiness card also on flourescent paper. we had printer tri fold them (its worth it if your doing thousands, we stuff lick and mail them at the post office. as fo rlabels yo uneed to buy them, from a label company, they are presorted by route (several routes to a zip code) you can picj and choose residential, buisiness, multitenant, etc so you can weed out apts dwellers etc, and yo uput on label keep them in order and mail them. this is the mega fast explanation, there is paperwork and stuff to fill out for each mailing, you can also do rural or city routes, we had to add a 2nd line and have my mom come over to answer the phones on our 25-30,000 mailing a few years ago, it was insane, we mailed out 5,000 per week for 5-6 weeks

7. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

What was the total cost on this advertising.

8. chriscraft

Hmm that was a while back 4 years ago or so, it was like 11.7 cents per piece to mail, envelopes pre printed were like 5 cents maybe 4 cents for flyer maybe, 4 cents for pre printed labels, i remember it was the same price as a reg stamp total for everything (like 23 cents each) mailing was like $6,000 dollars or so. We got 1,500 -2,000 calls (seriously) and maybe 800 accts, but some were aerating, dethatching , rolling , overseeding, rennovating, cleanups, not all were cutting contracts, And from that mailing we still have a very large amount of them still aerating twice a year, cleanups , cutting etc, It's the best 6 k we ever spent. But you can do 5,000 you dont have to do 30,000 so its really nice that way. The calls from 1,000 flyers, buisiness cards and a bulleted envelope for us was close to 6-7% as i recall so 60-70 calls per 1,000