Hey Chuck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Psyclopse, Jan 25, 2001.

1. Psyclopse

Psyclopse LawnSite Member
    from In

Is there going to be any more pictures of that 4x4 Monte Carlo? The last picture shows the body on the frame with little tires (and that picture is a tad dark and doesn't show alot). I'd like to see some good shots of it with bigger tires and all.

Also, how close did the wheelbases turn out? C'mon, show us more!!!

(I wonder how it would do with an 8' Western on the front...lol)

2. Psyclopse

from In

Also, the last picture on page 4 doesn't display.

3. Psyclopse

from In

Guess you didn't see this post, eh?

4. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry, been busy.

The Monte was a project from 1992 - 1993. That's as far as it got. It wasn't mine, I just helped build it. The wheelbases were nearly exact. My buddy had a 70 chevy shortbed that was really rusty, and had the 77 Monte. We got the body mounted on the frame, the trans and t case in, the underside of the body sandblasted and painted. Had the 10pt. roll cage in. The steering hooked up, the frame lengthened in the rear 17" to mount the Monte bumper, I filled all the holes in the frame with weld so it was smooth. Then winter came, and the project sat...... and sat in the spring..... and the summer....... and then my buddy bought a house, and had no $ to finish it, or time. It ended up getting butchered, and sent to the junkyard.
    He saved the complete drivetrain, and tires, and interior. He's still selling parts from it on the net. I would have loved to finish that project.

~Chuck