1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hey everyone check out Kage Innovation's Wheel Kaddy the longest lasting sulky yet

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KristinStephan, Mar 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

Its shows it backing up
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

OK, upon viewing the video, I noticed the sulkys left to right pivoting is to close to the sulky. This will cause the sulky to jerk left and right on bumpy terrain, this needs to be changed.(
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. lawnguy27

lawnguy27 LawnSite Member

Not the Kage wheel kaddy... They show a competitors but not the wheel kaddy.

4. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I just ordered one of these sulkies. Looks pretty good to me. yea $500 is alot but $350 for one that all the pivot points are shot in 4 months is alot of cash too. I actually modified a sulky a couple years ago using the tractor PTO u joints similar to the Kage. My engneering wasnt the greatest but I knew I was on the right track. I prefer the trailer type sulky over the caster wheel type because the caster wheel ones are too long in the corners and they dont track behind the mower. Outside wheel swings too wide and goes off the lawn into stuff. Like shrub bed, building, curbs ,etc..
    We use only Hustler WB so keeping both hands on the controls is not an issue. Can operate with one hand easily.

5. KristinStephan

KristinStephan Sponsor

Thanks for the feedback guys! Yes the you can back up with the Wheel Kaddy, why it's not shown in the video I'm not sure. I have had quite a few people ask this so I will see if we can get that footage and get it into the video.

6. KristinStephan

KristinStephan Sponsor

7. johnwright238

johnwright238 LawnSite Member

Absolute genus! All American made to boot!

8. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

Looks like a well engineered piece of eqp. It appears to be well thought out and made from quality material.

I had to laugh though when I saw the operator fumbling around when "trying" to back up with a sulke from another manufacturer. I wonder how many "takes" it took to make it look that awkward and cumbersome?! :laugh:

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Watching this video reminds of that tv commercial that was on about 10 years ago. It features a guy with a grass trimmer and he gets the line all wrapped around his self while he fumbles with respooling the head.

Any experienced operator will be able to make any sulky perform at the same level as the Kage sulky.

And I don't think they could have found an older sulky to compare it to. My Velke is 7 years old and still has very little play in it. Even the wheel.

10. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with Richard Martin 100 %. My velkes have held up very good as well.I like the beefy design but I hate how in the stowed position it's in the way.I know you could just drop it off the mower but there are several sections in yards I mow where my velke is dropped or lifted in multiple different areas on the same property. In the video the Kage backing up looked difficult to control side to side just like my velke x2 but the x2 allows the whole platform to perform a 360 under the attachment bar .The Kage just goes to the stops at a 90 degree angle. Allowing the platform to turn the 360 really helps in the tight spots so you can't jack knife the mower and rip up turf.BTW my single wheel velke is the way easier to back up with compared to the x2 .Theres little side to side shimmy on the single compared to alot of side to side shimmy on the x2. In the stowed position the x2 has a v in the platform and if you flip the platform in the right way the v part of the platform will cradle into the arm and keeping the platform from swinging in the stowed position .It actually locks the x2 in place.