1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

hey exmark anybody home

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RAR, Nov 4, 2003.

1. RAR

RAR LawnSite Member

bought a mulch kit for 17/48 tthp. it says to remove flow control baffles before installing mulch baffles. okay so do i cut welds on existing baffles and drill holes in deck to match mulch baffles? carry a portable welder with me to weld baffles back in when i need them. No problem call dealer they will know , maybe i got wrong kit. Dealer says what kit no. do you need i say whatever kit fits 17/48/tt. they say what kit no. do you need, i say you are selling the kits you tell me. They tell me we are so sorry we dont even know dont know how to find out. hang on it gets better. I ask for exmarks 800 no. oh they say, we cant give that out its not meant for residents. No problem go to my exmark operater manual i will find # there. hey dealer was right they dont give theyre # out . Question,maybe exmark isnt a U.S. company maybe based out of lower slabovia or something. Wow im glad i never had to order any parts or anything complicated. Oh well I dont really have to have a mulch kit anyway. So this is the # one mower that everybody buys.
  2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Go to the exmark forum here on lawnsite and post your question. You will get a reply and the necessary info.
    Sorry to hear of your dilema....Shouldn't be that way.
  3. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

cut off old baffles.never had to do that on any of my mowers.those mulcher baffles just bolt on
  4. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

Mines bolt on as well. Their # is 800 667 5296. I have never had any problems that they were not able to fix........fast!:D
  5. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

6. ealbertson

ealbertson LawnSite Senior Member

I called the eXmark sales number twice for tech support. In each case I was transferred to a very knowledgable tech. with no delays. It was impressive.
  7. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Are they referring to the small trangular bolt in baffle on the exit side of the discharge chamber?Somebody mentioned this once in regards to a mulching kit.
  8. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

locutus, I think that is what he is talking about to. Mine unbolted with two bolts and the mulch kit dropped right in. I don't think he needed to torch anything off. But I dunno
  9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Oh my, and your going to use this equipment? You're going to kill yourself.

Not the main baffles, the little bolt in baffle just inside the discharge opening.
  10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Why wasn't this WRITTEN in the Exmark forum to beGIN with? I'm sure Terry or someone could have solved this dilemna in no time without the "further frustrations". No offense, I KNOW what it's like to be frustrated, especially when you pay good money for something, and then you've got a dealer standing there shrugging his shoulders and scratching his head with a blank stare in his eye. "Uhhhh I O know!" :confused: :rolleyes: