1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hey Exmark owners some questions and also when should I ?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigw, Apr 18, 2008.

1. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Change my oil for the first time and what type of oil do you guys use? what brand and weight? I think the dealer said you should change the oil pretty quickly when its brand new. Also do any of you have the stripin kit and are they worth it?
  2. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

3. Indy Kyle

Indy Kyle LawnSite Member

should say in your manual when to change it after your break in period. probably ten hours or something. use 10W30 or just 30W. penzoil, valvoline, doesn't matter. yes stripers are worth it. now you can sleep tonight.
  4. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

8 hours use 10w 30
  5. greenbaylawns

greenbaylawns LawnSite Senior Member

I use carquest 10-30, cheap and no problems. i buy all my maintenance parts from them: belts, filters, oil
  6. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

First change was at 5 hours, then I think it says at every 50 after that, and the oil filter at eery 100, but when I change the oi the filter gets changed to. I use valaline 10w30.Just got the 52/23hp about a month ago.

Read the owners manuel! Newtostone has it about right.

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I use 30w penzoil heavy duty
  9. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I change every 50 hours(oil AND filter). Currently using Castrol 10-40 but I'm considering switching to synthetic and extending the drain interval to 100 hours.
  10. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

change within 10 hours of use.I use 10w 30 amsoil but waited for at least 50 hours to use synthetic. Stripping kits are worthless. You can strip great with that mower.