Hey guys check this blower out!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Craftybigdog, Sep 24, 2003.

1. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

2. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Cool.
    That's the first time I've seen it. I'd be curious to hear from anybody that has one. As far as the price..............$399, and that's the discounted price? A little out of my range for a product that I don't know anything about.
    If it gets good reviews from other lco's I would consider it next year, but Popular Science isn't out in the field testing it for reliability.

3. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

What about this one http://www.nopel.net/modelbb51.html it at least gives the cfm and it is less money(oh yea its turbo also. he he). I was going to ask about the quality of fradan equipment. If anyone has used them or even heard anything it sounds good but almost TO good for either one.

4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

We have a fradan B/P blower. Lot's of wind power and always starts..........used it for 2 years and going strong:)

5. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

i can get the echo 750 for 50 bucks more

6. TRex

from DFW ,TX

Exactly what price would that be for the echo 750 and where can you find it at that price,if you don't mind telling us.

7. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

8. TRex

from DFW ,TX

The fradan was $239 and it has 600cfm I am just not sure if it is what the web sites say they are. For the $ it sounds good.

9. ECHO, SHIDIAWA, REDMAX, STIHL ETC... came after Solo which is originally I believe a Scandinavian or German company which moved here to the states because there product was more popular here in the states than in Europe.

The original blowers were used for spraying orchards, then LCO would cut off the chem tank and used them as blowers for cleaning up. They were very loud and heavy back in early 70's when I first started using them. Then I believe Echo made the first dedicated blower(at least that's what I started using as a kid 30 odd years ago) which the rest is history.

Keeping in mind, when you go for lower decibel rating, you sacrifice power. The more powerful blower, louder decibel you going to have.

I wouldn't get the machine if you would be using it as your main leaf blower(fall clean-up) but would get a bigger size blower and just don't run it a full throttle which is another issue, gas, since you need to run full throttle for power with the less nosier blower than the bigger engine size blower to do the same job. Am I making sense???

Also, with the less nosier models, the pipe tends to be longer and skinnier, so you can get closer to what you are blowing and is concentrated in a smaller area.

I have a low noise toro and an echo pb650. We'll run it for the same amount of time. in the end, I'll have to fill up the toro before the echo, even though the toro tank holds more gas.

Just my two cents...
    John

10. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Power Equipment Warehouse www.power41.com sells Echo PB-750's for $459. I got a mailer from them last week advertising them at that price.