Hey guys! Help me out with this quote please!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreatDane, Jun 2, 2001.

1. GreatDane

GreatDane LawnSite Member

I have a foreclosure property that they want pine needles put out. There are going to be 105 bales total if they want to do the whole house. I need a price per bale put out on a $200.00 max. bill total if thats all they want me to do. I also need a price per bale on the whole 105 bale job. I will probably be paying 3.50 to 4.00 per bale for the needles. See if you can give me a quick answer if you can. How do you figure out how much 1 bale will cover in the first place?

Thanks

Chris Tarlton Lawn Maintenance
    NC

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Not sure what you mean by "I need a price per bale put out on a $200.00 max".

I charge current customers $7.50 per bale, so for 105 bales my charge would be $787.50 D&I.

Ray

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

4. Craig Turf Management

Craig Turf Management LawnSite Senior Member

I buy needles for 3.00 per bale for slash, or 3.75 per bale for the longleaf. I charge 7.00-7.75 installed. I generally cover about 25 square feet per bale. That's the way I estimate the number of bales for a job, but different suppliers may have smaller or larger bales. This number should get you close though. I used to hate installing needles, but I make really good money doing it.

Good luck, Bill Craig