Hey guys I just bought a Diesel Dixie

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Craftybigdog, Aug 23, 2002.

1. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

If you could give me some helpful tips on breakin of this machine and when would you switch to synthetic oil thanks alot!:)

2. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

Which model did you buy?

3. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

I bought the XXWD2600 72in and is there a trick to get these machines to go faster just curious

4. firefighter

firefighter LawnSite Member

I have always been told to run straight 30 for the first 100 hours an then switch over to syn oil.:

blob3:

5. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

I do know you need to check rpm on that mower they are suppose to be 3750rpm free load! Also I do know that dixie has discontinued all of there 26hp diesel mowers so I hope you got a great deal on it. There are a few guys here that run them and they seem pretty good.

6. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Just go to your local amaco dealer and get the 300 that is for gas or diesel - I have 5000 hrs on a 332 JD that I bought in 1988 and it still purrrrrrrrrreeeeees like a kitten - uses no oil until 110 hrs which it has done since new, and I have no carburator repairss, no sparkkk plug replacements. -------- Just have to keep clean air and fuel going to the engine, and that !!!!!!!!!!

Is what Dixie Chopper does best, as they double filter about everything. - By the way - check out the 60" deck with the flex-deck attachment - you will love it.

thanks brad

7. GRASS PRO

GRASS PRO LawnSite Member

The dealers around this area are selling those real cheap. They say there are just a few available.

8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Craftybigdog,

I'd say just run it normal, and use what Yanmar suggests, a diesel certified 15W-40. Change it every 100 hours with the filter and you'll be fine. The benefits of extended drain intrevals for synthetics isn't all that desireable in a diesel due to the soot that deisels leave in the oil. Just use a good quality Dino Diesel oil, and change it often.

How slow is slow?

Remember thats a LOT of deck for a 24hp engine!

9. yorkpaddy

yorkpaddy LawnSite Member

diesels definetly do use extended drain intervals, look at over the road trucks, they are up to 50,000 miles. now, those trucks run for long periods at operating tempature, with few starts and stops and shutdowns