Hey guys listen to this one!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tom c., Feb 19, 2007.

1. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

I bought a Bobcat from a dealer last year A 36" W/B. Guy gives me a good deal but service is somewhat slow. So now Im looking to buy a Z. I go to a dealer on the other side of town and he gives me a price on a bobcat fastcat36" with a kawi for 4899. or a 42in for 4999. and says he'll do better on the price!!! I go to my dealer I bought my 36in. from he tries to sell me a 48in toro for 7500. So I ask him about the Bobcats he has on the floor and he tells me I dont want them they cost more than the toro and a crappy cut!! Now this is the same place that sold me the bobcat W/B last year!!!:confused: Now Im not real happy. I think I just found me a new dealer:walking:

2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

$7500 for a 48" Toro Z is way to much you could get a 2006 60" Z for about the same price if you shop around a little. My dealer has a 2007 Toro Z 60" 28hp liquid cooled kaw for $8800.

3. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

Yea but my point is is that the same dealer that sild me the bobcat last year is badmouthing them this year!:dizzy:

4. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Foot in mouth and doesn't even know it does he know you well does he remember selling you the cat? He needs to work on his sales pitch alot. LOL

5. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

It just depends... My dealer prefers bobcat gear w/b's slightly over the eXmarks. He will not sell bobcat riders unless the landscaper really wants it.. he prefers eXmark lazers or Hustler riders. He does not cary hustler w/b's though. I think it depends on product serviceability, manufacturer support to dealers, parts availability, etc.

6. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

the guy who sold me the cat last year wasnt there that day. I think they sold me the bobcat to hook me and make me feel comphy now there trying to fry me but Im jumping out of the pan!! I told the guy I was looking for a small to midsize Z. I know winter is slow season for these guys but that was too much! probably figured people dony check prices!!

7. Mowing Freak

Mowing Freak LawnSite Senior Member
    from S.E. Ks

Had basically the same thing happen to me with a walker dealer. Spent a lot of money with him, finally after a lot of gripping about the mowers and starting to treat me like crap and lied to me outright, I found another dealer. Few yrs later and he is still selling walker line of mowers too. I thought he was going to drop them the way he talked!

8. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

well if it had been me i would have looked at them and said well last year you took my money for one.

9. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

At one point I was looking into toro's. The salesman was trying to (obviously) steer me in that direction and away from the two scag's that I currently owned. Well, a few weeks later we get to talking and he explains he was in business for over 15 years and he ran scags...I started laughing and asked why he was telling me to go away from scag.:laugh:

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Hold on...First, you can't go by what these salesmen say, because they hardly the first thing about the performance of these machines. You take a showroom floor full of salesmen, and they don't have an hours worth of operating time between them. I have had so many good laughs over the years on what some of these sales guys have told me (some have been posted on here), let alone what other guys have been told. They talk out their wrong ends too often about things they have no CLUE about what they are saying. They DO take input from different people sometimes and contort it, though. If someone put their blades on upside down and told them a particular mower doesn't cut well, then that tells us all that that whole brand is shot.
    Anyway,...let me ask you this? How many hours does this sales guy have on these bobcats? And even more importantly, how does the machine YOU have perform? These guys have reasons for directing you toward different machines....Many times, they get greater incentive bonuses for selling more of a particular brand than another, and sometimes, they just chase the leading selling brand for more bonus, too..