1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hey guys question about my new Dixie

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Craftybigdog, Aug 23, 2002.

1. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

I just got my new XXWD2600 and I was wondering whats the best way to break the 26HP Yanmar diesel in any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
  2. linky

linky LawnSite Member

Congrats on your purchase. I would read my owners manual and follow the shops advice for break-in. Happy mowing.
  3. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

I would do that but the manual is so vague on anything its silly oh well just run here till she quits!
  4. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

This is how I break in my diesels.Check all fluid levels daily during break in,do not apply a heavy load to the engine until its fully warmed up,but do not let it idle to warm up for more than a minute tops,just go easy on it until its up to temp.Do not lug the engine during break in,if the grass is to tall,or its laboring slow down til it catches up with the load. Let it cool by idling for 30 seconds before shutting down. Change the oil and filter after first 25 hrs,then follow normal schedule for oil changes.Good luck with your new mower,Yanmar makes one of the best diesels there is,it will outlast the mower easily with proper care. John