hey i need help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ronslawncare, Oct 19, 2000.

1. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i just started this season i got about 25 accounts .i had alot of customers that just wanted a couple of times .whats some good advertising ideas i just do flyers and runs some ads.im looking to get at least another 50 more this season i hope .any info is appreciated thanx

2. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Why did they only want it "a couple times"? I wouldnt waste time with those type customers, some qualifying up front will weed them out. Unless of course that was an excuse they used to blow you off.

Not pointing fingers just trying to get the ol gray matter working.

3. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

1st Yellow page add, 2nd advertise in local news magazines (not newspapers)make up some fliers or door hangers. I agree with lawn guy stay away from the ones who only want a couple of cuts.

4. Mark_Christopher

Mark_Christopher LawnSite Member

What type of news magazine do you recommend Landscaper?

Mark

5. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

YEAH SOME CALL UP AND TELL ME RIGHT OFF THE BAT I ONLY NEED A COUPLE CUTS .I WAS THINKING OF A WEBSITE ALSO .WHAT ELSE I ADVERTISE IN THE PENNYSAVER,WHAT TYPE OF MAGAZINES. I GOT FLYERS ARE BUSINESS CARDS ANY GOOD.

6. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

When I get one or two cut customers I simply tell them its gonna be a lot more for two cuts. Usually they just go a long with it. I usually charge 50%-100% more for them.

7. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

To mark christopher. In regards to what papers to advertise in, our finding local town and county papers. They are free to the public so lots pick them up. Here is one for instance http://www.suburbanews.com these types of magazines we get most replies and try some door hangers from http://www.nebs.com also. We tried to email you but siad your not exepting emails so i posted this to you.

8. Lawn Cruiser

Lawn Cruiser LawnSite Member

I think that just getting your name out there is a big help make sure it is on your truck trailer and mowers. Also target nieghborhoods that you want to work in. And keep away from people that only want it cut every other week. If this can't be avoided charge them extra to do it.