Hey im 16

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by N&CLandscaping, Jul 25, 2006.

1. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, Im Nick and I own N&C Landscaping/Landscapes Unlimited in Medford MA. I Just Started up last year and love this Business! Right now its just me and a couple of friends working for me. Ive got shirts and all that stuff. I was wondering if the following equipment is good:
    -(1) 21" Craftsman Mower
    -(1) Homelite Backpack Blower
    -(1) Craftsman String Trimmer
    -(1) Echo Shred N' Vac
    -All Hand Tools Needed, (Rackes,Shovels,etc.)
    I was also wondering if anyone knew the price on an Exmark 21" or 26" Metro walk Behind?
    Thanks
    Landscapes Unlimited

2. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Instead of going with a 21" Exmark why not save a little $$ and get a new or slightly used 36"?

3. N&CLandscaping

But wouldnt a new 36" be more expensive than a 21" or 26"? That maybe a good idea though

4. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

Whatever you do don't get a metro 26. After they said all the bugs where out it, they're not. Had a bad expeirence with one this year but Exmark still bought back fortunatly. Just wait and get a 36" walkbehind.

5. N&CLandscaping

I had just got a quote on one and I couldnt beleave the price! Now I know why you guys said wait for a 36".

6. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

Always buy the best equiptment you can afford, hope fully that will be all commercial gear later on, you will save money in the long run.

Craftmans not a brand people respect around here, but it may suprise you lasting a long time (rare but can happen). all the best for the future:) :usflag:

7. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Those 26"s are POS right now maybe they'll fix em soon. But like I've said wait for a 36". How many lawns do you have?

8. N&CLandscaping

Right now I have about 21 average residential Properties and no commercial properties yet. I am making good money, but I dont want to buy new equipment yet because I need a Truck.

9. N&CLandscaping

I am just debating getting a new mower

10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I would definitly consider a better trimmer and backpack blower. I would keep the others as back-ups. Echo, Redmax Shindaiwa are all good brands of 2 cycle equipment. As you grow and expand, the home-owner equipment will not hold up and will nickle and dime you to death.