Hey its BIG W'S 1ST MONTH ANNIVERSARY TODAY LOL.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigw, May 14, 2008.

1. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Well its true,started mowing april 14th and i made it through my first month and infact just got done doing all my accounting for the first month. It wasnt always easy and i sometimes got stressed but i think ill be fine and am looking forward to growing my company soon!

2. randosh4

randosh4 LawnSite Member

Good luck with that

3. EJD Lawnpride

EJD Lawnpride LawnSite Senior Member

Grow slowly and steadily.

4. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

1115 posts as of 10:49 CDT and you've only been cutting grass for 30 days?

5. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Jealous..? LMAO...

6. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

I'm just wondering what he talks (types?) about. He can't have that many questions, and I haven't seen him in the political section.....W, not meaning to pimp you. I was looking at your website, it looks great. Only two things I would change, and feel free to ignore me or viciously flame me for attacking your site, whichever you prefer. I'd wear a long sleeve shirt to cover up the ink, and if you haven't got any testimonials yet I'd get rid of the "Testimonials" link. Outside of that it's a great looking site.

7. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, the accounting work sucks. Did you get your mower problems figured out? Hope the rest of year goes great for you just like the first month did!

8. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats bigw! Some on this forum I think want to see you fail, but me, I think you are doing a great job and I hope you grow to a much larger company...just dont move to Winder, GA!!!

I think I agree with IA_James, cover the ink for your website pictures. You can still show those large biceps (Man those suckers are BIG) if you cover with a UA long sleeve. Some people make assumptions or judge people by tatoos and I would hate for this to happen to you.

Your website does look fantastic though...very professional looking.

9. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

:drinkup: :drinkup:

10. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Cover the tattoos makes you look like ex-convict released from prison no disrespect tho...Joe