Hey lawn guys! Your all stupid?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TURFLORD, Nov 30, 2006.

1. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

Misspelling a word in the title of your post isn't going to help your cause. You used "your" instead of "you're". LOL I'm just kidding so don't get mad. Don't worry it's a common mistake. I saw the same post that you're talking about. I think it was his way of bragging about his education more than a put-down on the rest of us.IMO I have a degree and never used it in my chosen field. That makes me feel really stupid. On the other hand, the things I learned to get my degree, helps me in this business every day. I do feel pretty humble when I read some of the posts on this site. There's a lot of really smart business men here. Some of these same people might not even have an eight grade education. Intelligence and education don't always go hand in hand. A degree only helps you if you want to work for someone else and who wants to do that?

2. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I think a lot of people are insecure or have a chip on their shoulder. But in the interest of a lively thread I wiull throw this out. All you have to do is look at the titles for some of the current threads. For those who cut medium strips? I think they were medians. What about "How much do dealers make off a sell" I think they mean sale. I'm the last guy to bring up grammar and spelling issues but if you don't even know the proper words to describe something you may have some believe that education is not all that important to you.

3. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Its like I said, Im trading in my truck for a short bus. Only that dude should drive a truck because of his edumacation, and in-depth studying of how a dog turd affects the long term growth of a mezereon. WHATEVVVV!

4. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice, I was thinking the same thing when I read it...

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Truth be known, I *want* people to think I'm stupid.

As hard as I find it to tolerate somedays, it makes it that much easier to see a scammer coming.
    It's a whole lot easier to see when they think I'm stupid, they don't try as hard and don't get too smart in return.

Since I'm no better than anyone else, the dumber they think I am, the better.
    It really hurts somedays thou :laugh:

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I can afford two collage degrees plus my daughters -- Does that count??

7. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

John,
    collage? come'on now :weightlifter: :laugh:

8. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

yup, it's raining here in OH, no leaf action today.

9. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Business is business. Everbody pick one and make money.

Tim

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I didn't say i attended:laugh: