Hey lawn guys! Your all stupid?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TURFLORD, Nov 30, 2006.

1. OMG

OMG LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 college degrees. I spent 16 years in the corporate world and hated every minute of it.

I really don't care what anyone thinks of me as long as I enjoy doing what I do and make a little money doing it.

2. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Hey, can I be a "mowron" too? lol

"horticulturedawg
    I have found the opposite to be true. We have made a pretty good business of correcting "landscapers" mistakes. Landscape architects seem to know very little about plants and turf."

Roger that. I don't have the numbers, but a large percentage of my business is generated by edumacated landscape "architects".

Also, the "business" courses that I took in college have had absolutely no relationship to the Real World. Actually, I shouldn't say that. I guess I just haven't been in business long enough yet. Anyone seen "Back to School" with Rodney Dangerfield? I laughed my leaf covered butt off at the scenes in the business class.

3. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

I am not knocking anyone with a education nor anyone withouth a degree

4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Well my wife thinks I'm a little off but we're laugh'in all the way to the bank.

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Thats the spirit:)

6. apowell18

apowell18 LawnSite Member

I have a BS in Psychology...talk about worthless...but working on a Masters now...

At first most people do think you are an uneducated moron thinking it doesn't take any brains to mow...they don't think about the business side of everything...we are running small business' and that takes some brains...I just like telling some of the guys at my full time job how much I make on the weekends...(at first they laughed at what I wanted to do, but now they are thinking of getting into it)...who's stupid now b****?!

I feel that the whole moron/uneducated stereotype comes from many of the ill-legit guys out there willing to do anything for a buck...educate ourselves and be professional within our industry...fix landscaping problems without trashtalking to the customer about the initial install...

As lawn care providers we need to raise the bar a little for ourselves and hope the rest of us follow suit...but just as stated before by someone...can't be that stupid making this kind of money...

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

BS in Economics
    BS in Marketing
    MBA in Industrial Relations

Whoopee...:laugh:

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I got a BS in Hot Tubs

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

don't ya mean the "S" should be substituted with another letter "J"ohn? :laugh:

10. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I spent half an hour blowing leaves INTO the wind today...man I must be ******** :laugh: