1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hey, let's do each other a favor!

Discussion in 'Network: West' started by JimLewis, Sep 9, 2003.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

This happens to me several times per year - I lose a client because they move away to some other state. When it happens, I thank them for the years of being a great customer and wish them well. But I am missing a big opportunity - for one of you!

I SHOULD be saying, "Where are you moving to? OH! North Carolina? Well, I hope you enjoy your new home there. Let me know if you need a referral for a LCO over there. I know several in that area." And then refer this client (who has been a great client, otherwise I wouldn't have kept them for so long) to one of you guys in that area!

So keep that in mind when you lose a client due to an out-of-state move. Let's help one another.
  2. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

Excellent idea. I have several clients right now that are trying to sell their NC homes and move elsewhere. I know one of them will be relocating to Timonium, MD. Anybody out there provide service in that area? I'll check with my other clients & find out where they're heading. The ones moving to MD, they pay premium rates too - $65 for 45 min. mow.
  3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Not a bad idea. Your wife must have thought of this. haha.
  4. JimLewis

Well, Shawn, I may be referring one to you this week! The example above was a real one. I do have a client moving to NC later this month. Although I don't know where yet. We've been emailing. I just sent her an email before I typed this thread asking her if she needed a referral. She will likely say yes. I also asked her which part of the state she was moving to.

Whoever gets her will be very fortunate. She's been a client of mine for 6 years or so. Has always paid on time and never bitches about anything. Always takes us up on additional services (e.g. aerating) too! Great client.
  5. JimLewis

Eric! Don't make me come over there and whip ya again! :gunsfirin:
  6. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

Man, Jim that sounds great! I'm in Kitty Hawk, Dare Co., NC. Please do drop me a line when you find out where they're going!:)

If I'm not the lucky one & she moves to another part of NC, I see there are quite a few NC LCOs here on LS......NCSU Landscaper, and Envy come to mind........cripes there's a bunch of us listed under the NC (local) thread :) .
  7. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I have done this when customers move upstate or to another county or somthing. works great!

thanks jimmy:cool:
  8. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

Make them move here. I'll mow em.
  9. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Well Jim If you send any south to Medford let me know. I would gladly acomidate someone that needed service from your neck of the grasslands.
    Good Idea, wish I someone had thought of that earlier (my head in grassland) since I had a older couple move closer to there grandchildren and moved to Gresham. I will try to find out a number and pass you on.
  10. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a great idea. Know anyone moving to Louisville?