Hey Look my new back bone just came in.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by newbomb, Jan 20, 2007.

1. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

Finally after many years on the fence I finally decided my work is pretty damn good, even if its just mowing. I have enough returning work to keep me busy so I have a new plan for 07. Any new accounts will pay top dollar (within reasonable market price) and since I have enough already it should be easy to stick to. Some one said in a thread on pricing a while back, "If you close more than 50% of new contacts you are NOT charging enough." That will be my mantra from ow on. It is way to expensive (at least in Baltimore) to go out here and do this work for nothing. I am going out and make a living this year or go out of business.
  2. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Good for you. You will do well.

3. desii

desii LawnSite Member

Got any pics...:) JK. Well said. I think I'll try to implement the same thing come spring. Sometimes, I go the other way. I have some room for more work and to keep the crew busy, I let some work go "cheaper" than usual. I like your thoughts, there's enough work out there to add a premium, and stick to it. If they don't like it they can always say NO and so can I (that's the part I need to work on).

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

I got my backbone years ago. The view is definately better up here.:)

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Congrats Newbomb...glad to hear it.

Hey I thought you guys all spelled it 'Bawlmer'????
  6. apowell18

apowell18 LawnSite Member

NEWBOMB...I'm starting out in 07 and have come to the same conclusion...I'm not going to waste my time with lowballing just to get work...not only do I know my work is good, but my time is more valuable and therefore worth more...I'm going off of 70 per hour to make, slightly higher than the 60 that is advised...I'm just glad to see someone else that's already in the biz make this decision...good luck and keep those prices up...