Hey Minnesota

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by flattoplawncare, Apr 7, 2009.

1. flattoplawncare

flattoplawncare LawnSite Senior Member

When are you guys gonna start your cleanups? I think I might start the week after easter if the weather stays nice. Just checking to make sure im not jumping the gun!

2. ExtExc

ExtExc LawnSite Member

i saw Green Touch a local around here doing spring clean up yesterday. mowing and bagging away. i might get started on doing the same this weekend if it gets as warm/sunny as they say, and if i feel better.

3. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

plan on day after easter. saw a crew out today. went gave a bid and a fert company was putting down fert. Its so dang cold to be doing clean ups today.

4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Got a couple to do this week. Chilly today, but doable. 50's rest of the week, that'll be nice. Won't start fert/pre until next week at the VERY earliest, probably 2-3 weeks out yet while those soil temps rise.

5. Jimslawncareservice

from mn

that company doing fert was from roch, 40 miles away. They are a new start up company. the guy had a 2000 to 2002 red chevy 2500 ext cab white lettering. i have the phone number but didn't write down the name.

6. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

Usually I say April 15th I get out but the last couple years the ground is still pretty soft for the ZTR. Maybe the following week. Also I'm north of the cities.

7. verant

verant LawnSite Senior Member

it's goona be 2-3 weeks yet for me

8. flattoplawncare

flattoplawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I will be starting next week, I cant wait I have the itch!!

9. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks.....just what we need is more yay-hoo lawn boys performing questionable activity around my neck the woods.....:dizzy:

10. Jimslawncareservice

from mn

i don't think he was the owner i think he was an employee.