1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hey need some info b 4 tonight

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by cat2, Jun 22, 2007.

1. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

Hey everyone. ok this guy is coming out tonight and he is all john deere skid steer, and i'm all bobcat and I need to bullsh!t him a little. but can't think of anything to say already told him everything I can think of.:confused:
  2. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

nothin runs like a deere.........but nothin bites like a bobcat!
  3. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

And he is coming out to see you in reference to what??:confused:
  4. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

I really can't see any advantages that you would have over him?:confused:

Just kidding.:laugh: :drinkup:

Didn't you say that you had both in another thread? Is this like a Ford vs. Chevy, beer drinkin' chat?:)
  5. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Cat2.......tell him you are selling every piece of equipment that you have and trading it all in for a Harley.....why would you want to b.s. about a subject that has no end anyways? Wouldn't your collective time be more productive trying to figure out how to grow each others business? Or, a more important question.....who is paying for the beer?
  6. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

bobcats carry much more weight in front than a similar cat or deere. Their unloaded weight bias is very far back. Keep in mind I dont like bobcat...loose, rattle, touchy...like an old Harley. The tracked cat was the nicest machine iv'e ever drivin, even though it was weak in the front.
  7. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like a bunch of farmers around here talking about Deere being better than Case IH or the other way around. It's all in good fun. Just like dozerman21 said like Ford versus Chevy deal. Gee, I dont really know anything better that you could say about Bobcat. All I can think of is they are the first and orginal skidsteer "Bobcat" maker. They cost more so you could BS a little and say that is because there better. You could say people know what your talking about when you say Bobcat but no one hardly knows what you mean when you say Deere skid steer. In all honesty though I dont think you have much advantage if any over the Deere machines. As Deere says

Solid.Stable.Still John Deere
  8. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

The reason he is coming out is. He called me today about 5:30 am and he keeps his skidder key in his truck and the truck is in the shop or something like that he was talking so fast. And wanted to know if he could borrow my skidder key for a day and I said yes and he was going to bring it back tonight, but he never did:hammerhead: We tease each other about john deere being the best and bobcat is the best and all of that stuff:laugh: And he drives a chevy and I drive a Ford. Hmmm were do you think this is going to go?
  9. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

I think it should go straight to the fridge, pop a couple cold ones.....and then maybe a couple more........ :)