Hey Oklahoma City Guys!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mr.Mow-It-All, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

As some of you know within the last month I moved to Edmond from far northeastern Oklahoma. Well a couple of questions that I hope some of you could help me out with.

1. Where in the world can you get deisel? Where I come from every place that sold gas also sold deisel. Around here it seems to be about 1 out of every 15-20 has both. Mainly concerned about the truck but if possible would like the off road for the mowers. I have seen a couple of shell stations but man are they high. I have a wal-mart close by that sells deisel but not sure if I will be able to get in there with my trailer.

2. Where is there a place to dump debris, mainly grass clippings, and maybee some small twigs and such.

Jodi please don't move this thread for a while as this forum gets the most traffic and there is not as many of us Okies on here.

2. Mr.Mow-It-All

OKC are you out there, Lonnie, Gstover, Genesimmons, and others.?????????????????
  3. lonnie

lonnie LawnSite Senior Member

I never paid any attention since I don't have a diesel but I always assumed everybody had it. All of my friend that have one have never complained. You probably will have better luck off of the highway exits. As far as dumping, you will have to go to the landfill. I'm not sure of the closest one to you though. I know it can get pretty steep if you are doing it alot so charge accordingly.
  4. dwc

dwc LawnSite Senior Member

5. GStover

GStover LawnSite Member

Drew...didn't notice your post til now. Being as far north as you are, I can't really help you much. As was mentioned earlier, the landfills in the area are way out of line on dump costs. I'm lucky in that I have a friend at a mobile home park that allows me to get rid of most of my clippings/waste. I wish I could help more, but I'm not sure where to steer you. I do believe, however, that Edmond has a place for homeowners, and maybe commercial guys to get rid of compostable material. I'll see if I can get any other info on that...I know my father-in-law has mentioned a place out towards Choctaw, but that's too far for your needs.

As far as fuel, your best bet are the truck-stops and the stations that "dwc" mentioned.

6. Mr.Mow-It-All

Thanks guys,
    I am just a few miles from I-35 and got fuel there today. thanks dwc that helped out a lot. I still need to find the landfill closest to me to getg prices at least. Still trying to find things. ONe of my big accounts is out off of the kilpatrick turnpike and rockwell/memorial, so if there is anything out that way could someone let me know.
  7. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

Try getting diesel at the Love's station on I-35 and 122nd.

There is a dump (transfer station) on Covel Road, just east of I-35, they charge a $28.00 a ton, with a 1 ton minimum price.

I am also looking for a new property for my dumping. It may be a good idea to put our heads together and figure something out on this one. It costs too much to pay for dumping. I had to dump my one ton truck 3 times today - $84.00 - ouch.

contact me anytime.
  8. Mr.Mow-It-All

I got my fuel today at the flying j next to the loves at I-35 and 122nd. Both of those locations are good for me because a lot of my accounts are off of the t pike or memorial road. I realy don't know yet how much grass I will have to hall off. Sometimes I will be able to dump some of my grass into the construction dumpsters on the properties, but I still need to have backup plan. I will mainly have grass clippings, not much else other than a few shrub trimmings. I may take you up on contacting you, maybee we could help eachother out, are you around the edmond area?
  9. drumbo

drumbo LawnSite Senior Member

Mr. Mow-It-All,
    I haven't been a member to this forum for 10 days yet, so it won't let me PM you about your trailer for sale. I hope you read this and contact me back. I am looking for an 18 or 20 footer and yours sounds close to what I need.
    Please PM me or just email me directly at bduffy@mywdo.com

Thanks...sorry for the change in the thread topic but I tried to PM and it wouldn't work yet...
  10. Mr.Mow-It-All

Drumbo Check your email.