Hey PJ I need some quick info....

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by mowerman90, Feb 18, 2006.

1. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

PJ,

My dealer is closed for the weekend and I need a little info. I'm looking to get another Super Z. My current Super Z has the Kohler 27 with a 52" mulching deck and I'd like to get the same setup again but the 27hp or the 28EFI is not offered with the 52in deck. According to Hustlers website, I think I can get the 28EFI on a Super Z if I get the new 54" deck. So, my question to you is: is this combo availible now?

Thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

They are available still, Limited though.
    Super Z, 27HP Kohler / 52", SUSP seat. SZ27KOH52SSA (927319) $10,199
    The 28 EFI is only available on 60" and up.
    The new XR-7 54" is not yet available, I will find out when it is scheduled for production and let you know later today.

Pj

3. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Also,
    If your dealer does not have the 27 / 52" Super Z in stock have him check with his distributor, they are stocked there.

Pj

4. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Would that be considered a leftover 2005 model then?

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I found out the 54" XR-7 will not be available until late spring / early summer.
    There are no "leftover" 52" Super Z units out there, all are current production units, no changes from 2005 to 2006 other than the deck opening and the use of Fusion blades as standard equipment, this took place in the spring of 2005.
    It wouldn't make a difference if it had a late 2005 serial # or a early 2006.
    We do not have "model years" in our product line, when we have something new we put it on the mower, or come out with a new model such as the XR-7 units.
    We will produce the 52" Super Z in its current form until we replace it with the 54" XR-7 unit.

Pj

6. CutApproved

CutApproved LawnSite Member
    from NJ

The new dealer I'm going with advised he has either the 25hpKaw/52" SuperZ
    or the 27hpKoh,, He's checking on prices for me and what more readily available. From what he stated the 52" deck on the SuperZ was pretty much a special order.

I'm seriously looking at this setup, I test drove the 60" Super Z and the SuperMiniZ,, wow both machines were great, but something about the SuperZ just felt better.

PJ - In your opinion what would you go with the 25hpKaw or 27hpKohler ?
    The dealer loved the HP on the Kohler but said either one is awesome

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I would be going with as much hp as i could get / afford.
    So the 27 Kohler would be my choice.

Pj

8. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Yea I agree, i'd go with the Kohler.

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Ed,

Sounds like a bit of crappy timing.
    The XR 7 looks good and might be worth waiting on...