Hey, Solo guys, what is your Gross for 06?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Mowgli, Dec 31, 2006.

1. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

$27,052, started keeping track with an accountant on June 22, started in May, but pocketed cash for a while. This was my first year, didn't turn down any work. Still pocketed a few thousand cash that wasnt counted. BUT, bought over $40,000 equipment, have mega payments. Having bought all the equipment I need, I hope 2007 payments will start to go down while profits go up.

2. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Im 19 yr old gross 35,000 net 27,000 give or take a few hundred on those but i think im doin ok for a 19yr old i have 2 walkers 1 brand new and a brand new grasshopper all paid for (by me) so all my expenses are help insurance and gas. I have paid for everything in my business and im tired of everyone thinking that my parents bought everything for me, but ive been working towards my goals since i was 12 1/2.

3. Mowgli

Mowgli LawnSite Member

You are right.
    That was wrong. It was suppose to be $39,820 and $21,720.:hammerhead:

4. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

One Milllllllllllion dollars

5. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Total for 06 was $18,450 after all expenses cleared $12,300. 07 I hope will be my best year yet. I am keeping all my old accounts plus hoping to get a townhouse bid for $10,000 more.

6. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

GROSS: more than I thought we would and NET: not enough , have to fly coach to Germany this time business clss means alot on a 9.5 hr flight esp at night cause your seat makes out into a bed

7. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Not bad numbers now that they are fixed.:)

8. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

In the Spring I do quite a bit of large mulching jobs. Then the rest of the year I mow on Wednesday & Thursday - start around 5:30 & finish @ dark. Landscape maintenance (trimming) & chemical apps get done while on site or on the other days. If I'm not working - mowing, landscaping, or giving bids - I'm at the lake w/ the family. I'm all about working smarter & not harder. I have fun doing what I do!

9. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm 17, just under $9000 in sales ($8831.48) after all expences and paying my helper i got $3632.23. My sales doubled over last year so i was happy with that and made more per hour because i was more efficient. Happy to have all equipment including the truck fully paid off by me too. Looking foward to doing even better next season.

10. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, you guys made me just check quickbooks, Can't believe it. Grossed $40,299.75 and that was just from September till now since I installed Quickboods. I must have grossed about 60K this year but I haven't updated Jan. till Sept yet. Dam, Not bad for being 18 Hay. Wow, that just blows me away. I never even pay attention to this stuff. I just make sure the checks come in the mail. Wish you guys the best of luck on 07, since this was the big year for me. Funny thing was I never advertised once this year. :drinkup: :drinkup: