Hey Trimmer Gurus:

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Valk, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

That's what the other guy who posted about them said- the trouble with the smoothness/feathering was in the cable design. What year is the machine you put the new cable on, and did it fit right up with no mods?

2. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

mine is a very early one with extremly low hrs. the cable begain to fray. i had to replace the zamma carb anyway so i did the cable also. the new cable has a nylon sleeve over the exposed metal cable and a new cable guide with less of a curve comes in a kit. easy to install. the instructions are pic only-no text! and a side note -the new carb has tamper resistant mixture screws-not a good thing. now i have to shell out for another carb tool

4. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I will get if I every need 15LB WEEDEATER.I can get one from HD get it ship to the store. The 224L is Awesome so 10 more cc would be Bad A@@.:drinkup:

5. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

yeah my 25cc will cut through just about anything. i would think the 35cc would cut a tree down. :laugh:

6. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

I'll write up a review in a few weeks.

If there's any truth to the fuel savings of a 4-stroke over a 2-stroke + no longer needing 2-stroke oil (for this trimmer), then this thing has the 'potential' to pay for itself...but I figure it would take me 8+ years though.

Here's a link to Honda's "Lower Operation Costs":

http://powerequipment.honda.com/trimmers/lower-operation-costs

I need to point out that these numbers are based on slightly cheaper gas than we're paying for now...AND this is using Honda's SMALLER 25cc trimmer.

7. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i know my 25cc uses half as much gas as my dad's 323L husqvarna 2 stroke. i don't have to add oil to the gas either.

i trimmed his yard which is 2 1/2 acres with his 323L trimmer once and it used 1/2 of a tank of gas. i used mine once and it only used 1/4 of a tank.

that is a huge amount of savings over time.

8. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Sorry but 2 stroke on the out 4 stroke on the way in.
    Now if I can get Honda to make me a 4 stroke 100cc 5HP BP Blower I will all set. Or will blower as good as my 580BTS I would get it today.

9. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Ridin' Green, when are you going to review your FS-250R for us? :weightlifter: :drinkup:

10. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Well, we are getting some rain and warmer weather finally, but nothing is growing enough to cut or trim yet. I will post something as soon as I can get a decent chance to use it on something that will actually provide a challenge for it.:D