Hey Walker Owners!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mwallingford, Jan 12, 2003.

1. mwallingford

mwallingford LawnSite Member

I wonder if anyone ever thought of using the Walker with the GHS deck for parking lot cleanup.

Obviously, glass and metal would have to be avoided. It seems to me that a small trash can set on top of the deck in front of you, along with a tool for picking up cans and bottles would work.

If the Walker does such a wonderful job picking up leaves (and it does), why couldn't it be used for cleaning parking lots. Just lower the deck in the back and set it up in the front.

Anyone have any ideas on this?:blob3:

2. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

As in blowing or sucking it up? You could do some serious blade damage doing that!! Why not get the rotary broom instead, and the blower attachment for blowing it?

3. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

That would not be as fast as a bp blower, IMO. Walker also makes a broom attachment for sweeping. They also make a blower attachment.:D

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I really don't want to run anything thru the blower that might damage that. Pretty expensive to replace the blower! Tennant makes a dedicated unit for what you are talking about. If you want to use the Walker, do like the others said, get the broom and an impliment hitch along with a shovel and pail. It will save you big bucks in the long run.