Hey you guys. Check my math.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by astephens6, Jun 6, 2003.

1. astephens6

astephens6 LawnSite Member
    from fla

New to the website and glad that I found it. You gents have been a help for a new business.
    how about a price check here. Lady needs the following done.

1. 13 yrds of flowerbeds weeded and mulched. No plastic laid.
    2. Lawn, (approx 15,000 sf) cut and bagged.
    3. 1 pallet of st. Augustine layed in back near pool with fill sand in several areas around fence..( she raked up a large amount of leaves last fall and left them)
    4. Approx one trailer of trash to haul. Old limbs, Leaf pile, etc...
    5. Estimate approximately 30 minutes of hedging. One tear down pile of timbers where she had old bed. 5x5
    6. edge pool, 20x50, and walkway.
    7. Fill dirt approx 2ft deep x 4 ft long hole beside deck .

estimated time 16 hrs
    estimated supplies at $450
    labor charge $500

Keep in mind she will be a return customer for her lawn. $45 per cut. What do you guys think. Thanks

2. Heller Landscaping

Heller Landscaping LawnSite Member

Sounds like alot more than 16 hours worth of work.:( It is hard to guess sight unseen but your supplies also seem low. I am not bashing just trying to help. Maybe go back and make sure thats all you need to do and how much time it will take. Hope this helps.:)

3. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

How much is mulch & sod going for there

4. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

You're figures are pretty close. I came up with about $1050, materials and labor. $50 per cut, with edging pool included(its part of the lawn,right?)

5. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Mark up your supplies 10-15% and then double that price for labor and you should be good on this particular job.