Hey you scag guys

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by packey, Oct 17, 2007.

1. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

I am getting ready to buy a scag wild cat 52 inch cut, 25 hp kawi, 10 bushel bagger, and striper kit. The dealer is telling me this will run about 10200 does this sound right? The Turf tiger set up the same will be about 1000 more. Would it be worth the extra grand for the turf tiger. I am quite excited about this because I have been running used equipment most of my life with the exception of a 21 inch snapper commercial . My old mower will finaly earn a place to rest as the back up mower.
  2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, the Turf Tiger has a very low center of gravity, wide stance, and is a bit heavier built. If you are mowing mostly smaller properties then maybe a Wildcat. A 60 inch deck is the way to go with a Turf Tiger though. you will need a deck that wide so you can trim better with the deck. I love the Tiger but I mow mostly 1/2 acre and up. I am no expert on the Wildcat. But I would want a heavier mower for bagging but I may be wrong. These other guys can help you out.
  3. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

That sounds kind of high for a wildcat. A turf tiger would cost a little less than that down here.
  4. Two Seasons

Two Seasons LawnSite Senior Member

Price would be about right around here with the extras you are buying. That bagger alone is some serious moola.

I would agree about the SCAG TT for hill work, although some hills are just too dangerous no matter what ZTR you ride, so a WB is appropriate.
  5. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

Scag is a great mower dont get me wrong ,but over the years they have soared on there prices. You can shop the market an get a whole lot more bang for the buck! Check out great dane's there a hard mower to beat for the money, also the gravely 260 z, is a beast for the buck , good luck George