Hey

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by mebanesox7, Sep 26, 2006.

1. mebanesox7

mebanesox7 LawnSite Member
    from us

Hey i'm new to landscaping welll....actually just starting. Thought i would get an early start. i'm not old enough to have a job. i figured i could study here. WHat do you call it when you "cross" the lines in your yard to make it look like diamonds? How do you make it look this way? :confused:

2. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

they are called stripes. some mowers make good stripes without even trying, others need a special attatchment that rolls behind the mower to make stripes. all stripes are is the grass getting bent over in alternating directions, and the light reflects differently. type the word "stripes" in the search box and you will get lots more info and lots of pretty pictures of stripes to look at. have fun. oh yeah, and to make diamonds you need to basicaly mow twice at two different angles.

3. mebanesox7

from us

how much do "yard stripers" usually cost for a push mower...or w/e you call the attachment.

4. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Put some lead weights on your rear flap.

5. mebanesox7

from us

k thx i was wondering if that would work. That'll save me 60 bucks. :dancing:

6. mebanesox7

from us

how much weight should i put on it. How much do the lawn stripers weigh.

7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I'd start with 8-10lbs and see how that works. The striper rollers for the ztrs weigh about 20 lbs or so.

8. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member