HHS100 Spyker Hand Held Spreader

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by PlantscapeSolutions, Dec 11, 2011.

1. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

I have been a part of these threads about hand spreaders and did not know these existed.I'm gonna buy one for this season.

I wish scotts was durable cuz they were comfy to use,i still have 2 that work.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Whats the point of the earthway hand spreaders that have the zipper? Why not just make a lid that snaps down over the top. I have never used those earthways but looks to be a pita. Seems the zipper would always get stuck with fertilizers dust and we know how much of a problem a stuck zipper can be.

4. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

The Spyker isn't poorly designed and is not going to work very well. The broadcasting wheel is so tiny that when you use it the material only broadcasts a stream about 3' wide. I bought two of them and wasted my money.

5. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

EWING just came out with a deal on them . Any more input?? I am tired of the new scotts and can't find a decent handheld. Using the earthway bag spreader but broadcasts way to far for what I am looking for.