Hi all

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Husky, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Husky

Husky LawnSite Member

Just wanted to say hi. Do you guys have any helpful info for a newbie to the site?

2. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome.......Try the search feature,that will keep you busy for a long time,lots of great info on this site.:D

3. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

Selective learning/reading. ignore the ignorant. this is a GREAT site. so much info, so little time. this place is the best tool i've come across in a long time. ENJOY! :D

4. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome Husky!

I would have to say the best advice is using the search feature. There's a ton of info available in past threads. I spent many months (almost a year) just searching different topics.
    Best of luck to you.

5. therainman

therainman LawnSite Member
    from IL

Welcome,

I would say do not be afraid to ask questions. Every time you do someone will ask "did you search?", I say search then still ask, with out new threads there would be no lawnsite anyway. As said above ignore the people who only want to ridicule your lack of knowledge. They apparently have forgotten that they too, sat in the seat of a ZTR for the first time at some point.

Welcome to lawnsite, hope you learn a great deal.

shawn

6. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

i agree with all the above, search search and search, the amount of knowledge you will gain is amazing. after searching if there is anything at all that you couldnt find an answer to or if you are unclear or still have questions please by all means post, thats how lawnsite is still here and one of the best sourcees for education in my mind.

also most of all welcome to lawnsite.com

7. dr grass

dr grass Banned

welcome - my best advice to you is .... Keep an open mind when reading through these posts. not everyone is a professional. some just think they are. i would listen to posters such as john allien, jim lewis, lawngodfather, 65hoss, brushhog boy, and of course me .... j/k. seriously, these guys are professionals and get on here to better themselves, and learn. youll find out who the scrubs are, and who the pro's are fairly quickly. in one word ....... ENJOY. happiness in life is next to godliness.

shep ;)

8. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Hello:)

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

BECOME A LAWYER
    JOHNNY G.

10. Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5 LawnSite Senior Member

Husky: Start reading. Use the search, but there are nuggets of information that you miss with the search. I went through all the archive pages and looked at those posts that caught my interest. Then I printed them. Some topics go off into the bushes and what seems promising at first glance goes down the tubes with petty comments and argument. There is enough information on this site to keep you occupied most the winter. JD