Hi from Washington

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by BIRCH'S, Feb 3, 2014.

1. BIRCH'S

BIRCH'S LawnSite Member

HI all, New to the site and new to the Lawn Care industry. Starting up this year in Washington State.
    Planning on running for the most part 21's. Just a mow and go operation this year.
    So any advice, tips , tricks, lessons learned welcome :)
    Thanks

2. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

A. W. Landscapers Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas.

Why only 21's?

3. BIRCH'S

BIRCH'S LawnSite Member

The area's I am focusing my marketing in is smaller lawns. well below 10K sq. ft. So I do have a ZTR if need be, but these lawns will be push. I did look at a New Toro 30" today, Nice machine, 1800 bucks though .. lol

4. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

Haha, The guys down south can never understand why we use 21" mowers in WA and Oregon.

5. BIRCH'S

BIRCH'S LawnSite Member

lol, I just cant seeing using any really larger than that 30" I looked at today. Though I did find a pretty good deal maybe on a scag 36 but that is still up in the air.

6. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

Could you please explain the benefits of using a 21" mower in WA and Oregon?

7. JFGLN

The grass tends to be wet and needs to be bagged most of the time.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

That's not a benefit of a 21" mowerÂ…That's a condition of the turf and a method used for collecting clippings.

Could you please explain the benefits of using a 21" mower in WA and Oregon?

9. twomancrew

twomancrew LawnSite Senior Member

I don't got any real advice, just a hello and a welcome. WA you say? My advice is stay off the grass:laugh:

10. JFGLN

AW you need to relax a bit. The 21" and now the 30" mower suit our demographic and growing conditions. We do about a 150 lawns a week.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=418745