Hi from Washington

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by BIRCH'S, Feb 3, 2014.

1. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

Get Quickbooks. Hire a bookkeeper for a couple of hrs to get it set up right.

2. BIRCH'S

BIRCH'S LawnSite Member

Yeah I sat down with a CPA yesterday who also owned a lawn care service and talked about quick books and taxes and such.

3. BIRCH'S

BIRCH'S LawnSite Member

Really wouldn't matter what state I am in. The size of the lawns and layout for the areas I am looking at doesn't really warrant anything larger than a 30. I could not even get a 36 WB to move around on some of these lawns.

4. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

A. W. Landscapers Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

I am relaxed.

I asked a simple question "why only 21's?"

The response I got was that he was also considering a 30" but didn't like the price tag. Then you jumped in and made the snide comment "The guys down south can never understand why we use 21" mowers in WA and Oregon" as if someone who is located in the south isn't intellectually capable of understanding why them smart northerners do things so differently than us hicks down south…the funny thing is that you didn't even realize your comment was directed at a northerner who happens to currently be living in the south.

I then asked you to explain the benefits of using a 21" mower in your area.

Instead of listing a benefit, you replied by stating that the grass conditions are wet and you bag the clippings most of the time.

So I asked my question again.

And now you are saying that I need to relax, you don't list a benefit of only using a 21" and instead state that both the 21" and the 30" will suit your needs.

Then the OP again states that a 30" is a viable option.

So…as relaxed as possible I will ask you this: Since you have stated that a 30" can suit your needs, is there a benefit to using a 21" when a 30" can do the same job? If yes, please explain.

5. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Pretty sure he told you and linked people stating their reasons.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. JFGLN

We have several mowers to chose from including Honda 21", Exmark 30, and the BOP Quick 32. The crew prefers the Exmark but it doesn't bag well when wet. When its wet, we use the Honda. The Honda will bag when wet.

Everything you need to know about the Exmark is here,

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=398750

7. JFGLN

Lessons learned? Here is a couple. Truck with dump bed will pay for itself with increased efficiency. Same goes for an enclosed trailer.

8. biodale

biodale LawnSite Member

am here in Richland. I have a 21" Honda I might sell. Notify me and maybe we can get together for lunch. Just paying forward to those who have helped me when I was starting.

9. BIRCH'S

BIRCH'S LawnSite Member

Sounds good, I have been on the hunt for one.
    Maybe I can pick your brain a bit.
    I will PM you my number.

10. Paineless Creations

Paineless Creations LawnSite Member

Hey Dale,

If you still have this mower. I might be interested

Bobby