Hi guys new guy here from rochester newyork

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mikegreen, Apr 11, 2014.

1. mikegreen

mikegreen LawnSite Member

Hi Everyone,
    My name is Mike and I am a newbie. I am looking for your experience and advice on what equipment mowers in particular are the best for mowing. I dont want any made in chinese crap. what years for push mowers pre 1995?? before they started making them in china?? and trimmers and such.

Thanks

2. AMW Landscaping

AMW Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome to the site! As for brands I would stick with Exmark, Toro, scag, and hustler. That is my personal opinion. The exmark turf tracer is a great walk behind. Not sure on push mowers pre 1995. The newer push mowers are fine and last pretty long. As for trimmers the most popular is the Stihl fs 90r. That is what I use and it works out great. Hope this helps

3. mikegreen

Hi cutedge, thanks for your input. Just wondering why i hear so much bad negative things about the new push mowers mostly are made in china and have carb problems and plastic gears and such that doesnt sound good with me. Just with those chinese scooters junk junk. I trying to stick the years the mowers didnt go to china any ideas what year or years that happened.

4. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

A. W. Landscapers Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas.

5. mikegreen

howdy pardner!!

6. AMW Landscaping

AMW Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 18 year old toro super recycler and it is still running good. Have not had any problems with my 3 year old super recycler. My toro timemaster is 1 year old and has some tranny issues just like all of them but other than that it is holding up good.

7. mikegreen

staying safe i am hearing too many horror stories of all this cheap chinese imported crap.

8. jeeperscrow

jeeperscrow LawnSite Senior Member

Hello and welcome to the site from Commerce, Georgia :waving:

9. 360lawncare

360lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. mikegreen

thanks for the welcome everyone, if anyone has any mowers for sale here in rochester email me