Hi i'm new and I need help

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by chinita, Jul 22, 2004.

1. chinita

chinita LawnSite Member

I have to write a proposal for a realestate agent who is renting a house. They want us to fix up the yard before the tennants move in. Does anyone have a sample proposal they can show me? The house looks like it hasn't been lived in for a while, the grass is really high. My husband James might have to mow tree or four times, lots of weeds, edging, prooning, tree removal, clean up etc. I can't even think of where to begin writing this up or what to charge.
    Can anyone help?

2. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I would just take my best guess as to how many days this job might take. For a big job, the margin of error is greater, so don't price it too low.

Unless the realtor wants a price for each phase of the job, I would just list all the work to be done and the final price.

Don't forget to factor in any equipment rentals and dumping fees.

3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi chinita,

I posted a sample in response to your other post here.

4. roadhawg3

roadhawg3 LawnSite Member

Price it at a daily rate and you wont get hurt, I would say anywhere from $250. to $450. per day, depending on your hourly labor rate, so say if you get $50 hour for 2 workers, then a 8 hour day would be $400. you can then estimate how many days it would take, but make sure you get paid on a daily basis, because on big jobs with many differrent tasks, it is very difficult to give a price on the total job. This way it works out better for you and your customer, and keeps everyone happy.