1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hi-lift blade for LawnBoy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Roger, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I see j-thomas has a hi-lift blade for 21" LawnBoy mowers. Have any of you bought/used one?

We bag most lawns, and am having trouble in the first hour or two every morning. The ground is damp, the sun is bright, the grass has started to grow well again (after a terrible summer), and the dew is very heavy early in the morning. The revitalized growth is sappy, meaning it turns to mush pretty easily.

We use the LB side bagger, which usually "bags anything." However, the past few days, the first job in the morning creates problems, even clogging the side bagger at the pickup point. And, the underside of the deck gets packed out very quickly too. I hate to start later in the morning, waiting for dew to lift. And, don't even suggest mulching -- creates one huge mess!

Also, I seem to recall somebody refitted a Snapper blade, with wing lifters, for a LawnBoy. Anybody know anything about this?