Hi-Lift Gator Blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bas122286, Apr 3, 2008.

1. bas122286

bas122286 LawnSite Member

What do you guys think of these "High-Lift Gator Blades" Benefits of a gator with the higher velocity of the high lifts, or just a fad. Thought about giving them a try this year. I have gators on right now, but I switch to high-lifts in the late spring summer. I assume thats what most of the guys around this part do. Too much dew on the grass to use gators year round unless you like to sleep in.

Brian

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i got a pair for my stander 48. they seem to do the happy medium so far. cut better and have more vacuum . i have yet to use them in thick spring grass, but after the rain we got and the warm weather this weekend here, i will be able to tell you fast!!

3. bas122286

bas122286 LawnSite Member

Thanks grassman Im looking forward to your findings, keep me posted.

Brian

4. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I ordered 2 sets for my 48" Turf Tracer. Any reports on them yet?

5. naturescape

I have been using my Hi-lift gators. Actually cut quite a bit of grass off some lawns today, the blades mulched it up very fine and discharged it great! Things are dry here though, so we'll see what happens with some rain/irrigation. But so far I'm impressed....!

6. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

They leave stragglers with my Exmark. None with the notched high lifts. Great in the fall.

7. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

Where can I get the high lift gator blades

8. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

i shop online at landscaperpro.com.... i use the gators on my 52" scag turf tiger and work good.

9. schunklawn

schunklawn LawnSite Member

they leave stragglers with my 48in. scag also. i only noticed it on one yard that i did early this season, but couldn't believe it. i use them early in the season when the grass is long for about the first cut or two just because of the amount of clippings that i get. as said before, they are great in the fall.

No Bunk Lawn Care

10. naturescape

Did you use the new Hi-Lift Gators?