hi

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jake's Lawn Service, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Jake's Lawn Service

Jake's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

hey, lawn cutting friends,my name is Jake and I am 14 years old. I am new to this site and love it. Last year I started my business "Jake's Lawn Service" cutting 5 customers with a push mower and tractor. This year, I have upgraded by savin my money from last year to buy a brand new exmark Lazer Z CT. I now have 10 customers that I do and the lots are anywhere from 1-2.5 acres. I pull a trailer with the ZTR (holds a push mower, weed wacker, stick edger, and blower etc). Next year I want to get about 5 more customers so I can bring in more money to save for a truck and a exmark turf tracer HP with jungle wheels and more redmax equipment. I will post some pics of my setup very soon. Thanks
    Jake

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Hey man, welcome. I too love this site very much. Nice mower you got there. Just one question, why only 5 more customers? I have 20 now and would like to double that! More customers equals more money wich means better truck. At you age, i would focus more on saving for a nice truck than another exmark or other equipment. Looking forward to the pics, i will soon be posting pics of my stuff too. Good Luck man, if you have an AOL IM account my screen name is mcwlandscaping.

3. Jake's Lawn Service

Jake's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Only about 5-6 more customers because I live in a small sub and my dad would have to drive me to the ones that are far away. Also, I don't have insurance or anything.
    Jake

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

oh i see, I dont have any insurance or anything either (would get it if i could). My dad drives me everywhere, anyway, welcome to lawnsite, you will learn a lot.

5. Jcs Lawn and Landscape

Jcs Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Member

you are going to get caught and pay a huge fine for doing fertilization and pesticides for ur customers as i read on ur website that you only charge 15 dollars

6. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

whatz up jake you sound determined to make it,i hope you don't move in my area you are a gogetter.

7. Landscape89

Landscape89 LawnSite Member

Way to go Jake. Your are taking after me and MCW landscaping lol. I think us three are the youngest ones on here. I am actually 16 and like you I do about 10 accounts. Keep saving your money man. Theres a lot of good tools out there. And.. if your willing to get your hands dirty theres a lot of $$ too. Good luck!!

8. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

i wouldnt be doing fert if I were you, you'll get busted with a 5000 fine. Heck, if you have some round up in your truck, you'll get fined.

anyway, good luck

9. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

you have some nice equiptment i am 13 and me,dad,and brother have 5 acounts but we also do some hardscaping so that gives us alot of money well good luck.

10. Newbie07

Newbie07 LawnSite Member

HEY!!!! way to go man!!! I'm 16 and i will be stating next summer and hopefully this fall with leaves. Don't let people put you down because they say your too young. Keep it up

Travis :cool2: