High Bid Pays Off!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nautiq544, Aug 2, 2006.

1. nautiq544

nautiq544 LawnSite Member

I estimated a regular maintenance job today for a small property. It seemed from talking to the guy, that he wanted someone very trustworthy. He was more concerned about this than the average customer. So I bid high for my area @ $160 a month for 4 visit per month feeling like it was the right thing to do, not trying to rip him off but trying to get his business. The two guys following me bid $100 a month. Customer calls me and gives me the job because everyone else bid too low, making him suspicious of them! I’m kinda new at this in my area so this was encouraging. :drinkup:

2. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

That's great news .... but what are you gonna do fore this month of August .... there are 5 Tues-Wend-Thursdays this month

3. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

good for you just don't get used to it.

But the saying is give 100 bids, win 30-40 and you are doing great.

Low bid is usually the winning bid, until the people get tired of changing LCO's more often than their underwear.

4. kmann

kmann LawnSite Senior Member

Thats good. Once you do the job and do it well, you will get referrals and you don't need to worry ( as much ) about lowballers. If people like your service they will pay for it. Remember some months have 5 weeks so if you told the guy 4 cuts a month, there may be an issue.

5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Sound's like good advice!!! That's the kind of customers to shoot for. I've got to do some more shooting. If you win all your bids somthings wrong. Picture= USS Abe Lincoln, USS Kitty Hawk, USS Ronald Reagan Go USA!!!

Abe Lincoln, Kitty Hawk, Ronald Regan.jpg

6. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Great photo!!!

7. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

Wow I would say that is a really GREAT photo! How did you come up with that photo? That would make an excellent poster!

8. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I found it on the internet last year. I save any photo's that I like on the computer. I was probably doing a search on Ronald Reagen after his death. I was on a carrier at one time so it was a special photo to me. Save it to your computer if you want.