High end homes = Lots of hedge trimming, Estimate?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by privatelawn, Jul 31, 2007.

1. privatelawn

privatelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Im wondering what would you charge on homes like this, say full service and an all included monthly price. Most of the high end homes seem to be hedged very often. Lawn itself is no big deal as its just 1/2 acre lot but all the hedge trimming is very hard to estimate.

high1.jpg

2. privatelawn

One more... these are 2 million dollar homes about 3 minutes from me, I have pretty much stayed put in the cookie cutter homes but have had a few chances of bidding on them I just dont because id think my prices would be way too high

high2.jpg

3. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

I used to charge 75 for 1 of those spirals.....but they did look good.

4. privatelawn

yeah these dont seem to be as well taken care of, maybe because the homeowners dont want to pay as much? I mean all those small ones are normally perfectly round but in this home they look like the landscaper is slacking or under paid.

5. barefootlawnsandlandscape

barefootlawnsandlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Hedge trimming is a tricky thing to bid on these type houses. We have about 28 houses like this. We trim the hedges every two to three weeks. You have to estimate the time. I use three to five minutes per shrub trimming and clean up depending on size and variety. Hedge rows are bid by the foot. We trim, blow the clippings off the tops of the hedges, and then vacuum them up. Where possible we blow them into the yard and collect with the Navigator.

6. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

all you guys that trim should look into pgr's plant growth regulators, you can afford to give them a good price on trimming because you will only do it every 3 to 4 months yet still get paid every month for it

7. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

my back hurts just looking at those pics

8. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey privatelawns ....those little button shrubs .... ilex shillings or Dwarf Yaupon Holly are a pain .... BUT I got a reciprocator (Shindaiwa) n it rocks for the trimming those up .... big time back saver

Far as price ....based on monthly billing I use a base price increase of $40 month .... if it 2 hours per event .... 4 events a year .... ie ....8 extra hours per year will yield $480 or bout $60 per hour to trim

Soooo if the trim takes 4 hours the increase is $80 per month or $960 extra per year (again based on hours @ $60 per hour) .... be sure to have a "prorate" clause ....so if they bail early you can back charge em fore work done ...yet not paid fore

Good Luck .... looks nice

9. leevubehind

leevubehind LawnSite Member

I have a few homes just like that here in Ocala. Not sure of your rates in Orlando but ocala is full of cheap @ss's 1/4 acre weekly mow trim shrubs 3times a year and thats all during season they take me & 1 guy 1 hour to trim & clean up so I based on $60.00 per trim = $180.00 so I add $15.00 per month to contract so they pay all year round. They are also multi million dollar homes.

10. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd charge 350 per month for mowing, pruning, BED weed control, and fall-spring cleanup. Charge for mulching per occurence due to the fact that they may want it done for special occasions.