High lift blade for W.B..

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by specialtylc, Sep 20, 2005.

1. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Does Hustler have a high lift blade option for the 37 inch WB? My dealer says there is only one type of blade available. If this is correct, Hustler needs to make one.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

There are 3 blade types available for the 37" WB.
    STD, high lift and Gator.
    Part # 773499 is a 42 degree high lift blade, your stock blades are 30 degree.
    You can look up blades here > http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=88158

Pj

3. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

hustler blades are the Worst- The high lifts don't work well at all- better than the low lifts but still crap.
    What I did was take my BRAND NEW BLADES - cut them with a saw after the raised foil- clamp them to flat stock, get out the torch and heat them up- I then took 2 adjustable wrenchs and bent up the foil to make a Super high lift. I then welded up the cut area. The machines cut so much better and also have much more vacumn- which is nice on thinner lawns so it can actually pickup and cut the grass.

I do wish hustler would make these available-super high lift- it would save so much time- and people would like the cut so much more. Joel