High lift blades for Toro 21"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tamo, May 11, 2008.

1. tamo

tamo LawnSite Member

I've noticed a lot of folk on here have had similar cutting issues with their Toro Prolines as me -- stringers, uncut grass. I have a 2007 6.0 Kawi and an old 5.5 Suzuki and they both give me trouble.

Do you guys find that high lift blades help at all? Are all high lift blades the same, or should I get a certain brand/model?

Also what about those kickers under the deck? If I'm not mulching right now does taking those out help the quality of cut when bagging?

Thanks

2. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Toro deflectors at 10:30 & 1:00 positions take enough volume in the deck to eliminate the stragglers with the stock blade ,I take the rest out. . Toro blade # 62-7700 is the toro high lift number if you want to go that route.

3. TMAC669

TMAC669 LawnSite Member
    from N/A

Man my new Proline 22188 took a crap on me in the field. I will be at the shop first thing Monday like I need this back up and running tonight.

4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

For the extreme price of a Proline they shouldn't give anyone a lick of trouble for years....

Look at the PT21 trim mower instead...

5. TMAC669

TMAC669 LawnSite Member
    from N/A

I'm highly pissed as the mower doesn't even have 50 hours on it. I'm in the market for another 21, I may end up getting a Gravely.

6. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I have two snapper pro 21" mowers and I think they are the way to go. Alot easier to oporate than the heavy toro.

7. BLKSS

BLKSS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

my toro works fine!!!

8. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

use a gator blade

9. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic