1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

High lift blades on 34 gravely pro stance?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by THIESSENS TLC, Sep 5, 2011.

1. THIESSENS TLC

THIESSENS TLC LawnSite Senior Member

Tried out the new machine today, worked awesome! Cut was clean! Except for the clumping it made through the chute. Grass was a little long due to lots of rain. Anybody have a prostance with different blades? How about gator blades without a mulch kit? What would you guys recommend? Thanks!

2. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I recommend using the mower for awhile before you jump to conclusions.

3. THIESSENS TLC

I,ve never used a high lift blade, only gators on my push mowers. It does leave a very nice cut, im just wondering if the grass does get too long, will gator blades do a better job of discharging?

4. ALC-GregH

from PA

Gator blades won't discharge any better. Stick with whats on it and give it a chance.

5. THIESSENS TLC

Ok Greg, I'll leave it be for now. My chute is a hard flexible plastic, any ideas on what to do about lifting it to go through gates. Today I had take 1 foot off, reach down, lift it up, and move forward a bit until it stayed up on its own, then hop back on and continue! PITA!

6. ALC-GregH

from PA

Just use a bungee cord to keep the chute up.