High lift blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rob b., Aug 21, 2007.

1. rob b.

rob b. LawnSite Member

I have used mulching blades and just regular old blades,but I have never used any high lift blades.What are the advantages of using this type of blade.Does it leave a cleaner cut?
  2. fergman

fergman LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

yes it will

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

What mower are you running,oh yea it leaves a better cut and super vacum at least on the scags.
  4. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

We use them. When combined with a bagger in the fall it really gets every last leaf. Only problem with them is in the tall wet heavy stuff it tends to clump more (without the bagger of course) becuase it doesn't cut the blade up as much.
  5. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Just make sure if your not bagging to watch the turns they will kick that grass really far and splat on the house,
  6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

If it works, don't fix it.
  7. captbob

captbob LawnSite Member

The gator type high lift blades by Ex Mark with the teeth on top are very dirty on my 52 with the Ultra cut deck I have several accounts with plenty of bald spots and they throw the dirt out the front and all over the driver they are fine in just grass for me and leave a nice cut . But I have been real happy with the Ex Mark regular mulching blades they work great good lift clean cut and clean driver. But thats on my machine all decks are differnt
    and I mulch only I have spoiled my clients and after some of the threads I have been reading with flying projectiles out the chute I am leaving them plates on.
    Da Capt
  8. TAZ

TAZ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

They can leave a cleaner cut as some have mentioned and they do increase the discharge rate in most cases. They also suck more power. I agree on the scags they leave a very clean cut and as a side benefit for me anyway they leave the underside of the deck cleaner than the standard lift blades.

9. pdgregory

pdgregory LawnSite Member

How do mulching blades cut when used without the baffles and using the chute?
  10. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

you should see the side of my truck :angry: